Hey, (mood) readers!
It has been a while since I participated in the book memes I used to do — Memorable Lines Mondays, Wishlist Wednesdays, and First Line Fridays. I want to come back to those, but I have not built up the consistency to do them. Oops. But we are changing! So, here I am with another weekly meme.
Anyway, I was very enticed when I saw this along my WordPress Reader Feed, so I plan on doing this one weekly – for good!
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies. Link up once a week or once a month, you decide. Book haul can include library books, yard sale finds, arcs and bought books..share them! Feel free to copy and use my Sunday Post image.
Offline Life Update
This is my first Sunday Post and it also coincides to be a celebration of my first week in our new home! My family recently moved to the province from Metro Manila, where the hustle and bustle can be found, aka the Capital of the Philippines. Our place is still in a city in a province, which basically means it is half rural and half urban. The difference hasn’t really sunken in yet, because of life in quarantine. But, I am sure going to miss being near shopping malls, bookstores, and coffee shops.
Aside from that, I have been loving the peaceful surroundings, spending time with my little cousin, and having a change of pace. It is also fun living near a 7-11, because I have been drinking my weight in Slurpees to beat the heat.
Overall, I am still very happy that our family is quarantining together and are free from illnesses. Praying for everyone and the whole world to get through this pandemic soon.
This Week’s Blog Posts
Because we have still been moving things in and out of the house, I
- Monday: Cover Reveal: Heart and the City by Cecilia Fyre
- Thursday: Trying To Find My Voice
- Friday: Blog Tour: Read an Excerpt of The Girl Next Door by Chelsea M Cameron!
- Saturday: OUT NOW! Jojo’s French Escape by Lorraine Wilson
Social Media Updates
I haven’t been posting on bookstagram but here are some cute photos of my dog that were posted on her IG this week.
What I Have Been Watching
This week, I finally caved in and watched Avatar: The Last Airbender because it is finally on Netflix Philippines! I also have been watching Selling Sunset: Season 2. I might probably get to watch more this week. It’s that the internet is a little unpredictable here in our new place.
This Week’s LSS
This week the song that has been stuck in my head is the stripped version of Black and White by Niall Horan. It is the perfect wedding dance song and I just love it so much!
New Books In My Library
I have been in a self-imposed book buying ban, because I moved houses and I also haven’t been checking out bookstores. But, I still have a few new reads in my digital library.
First, two new ARCs came my way from Carina Press / Carina Adores for blog tours coming along in the next few months. The first one is Just Like That by Cole McCade and the other one is Hate Crush by Angelina M. Lopez.
Rockstar Book Tours also sent an invite for My Summer of Love and Misfortune by Lindsay Wong and sent a review copy my way.
What I Have Read This Week
Surprisingly, for a very busy week, I was able to finish 5 reads. 3 of them are audiobooks and 2 of them are digital copies.
Audiobooks via Scribd
- Amina’s Voice by Hena Khan
- We Didn’t Ask For This by Adi Alsaid
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
- Promdi Heart by Georgette S. Gonzales, Agay Llanera, Chris Mariano, Jaye E. Tria, Ines Bautista Yao, and C.P. Santi
- The Hideaway Inn by Philip William Stover
What I Am Currently Reading
- About halfway through Natalie Tan’s Book of Luck & Fortune by Roselle Lim
- Just started listening to When You Were Mine by Lisa Swift
- Keeps forgetting to pick up It Sounded Better In My Head by Nina Kenwood
- Also listening to Don’t You Forget About Me by Mhairi McFarlane
My Favorite Book This Week
This week, Amina’s voice won the prize (haha!) of the book that I enjoyed most! Will be posting a review soon!
What You Can Expect On The Blog Next Week
Should my plans fall through, you can expect the following posts in the next few days!
- (Still late) April 2020 Wrap Up
- Book Review: Somewhere Only We Know by Maureen Goo
- Book Review: It’s Not Me, It’s You by Stephanie Kate Strohm
- Blog Tour: The Hideaway Inn by Philip William Stover
- Book Review: Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines
- Book Review: Playing House by Ruby Lang
- 2020 Book Releases I Am Excited About – Part 4
- Book Review: Under The Lights by Abbie Glines
- Book Review: The Wives by Tarryn Fisher
- Book Review: The Best Lies by Sarah Lyu
♡ Yna the Mood Reader ♡