Hey, (mood) readers!
I know I said that I will not be joining any more readathons for the year. But this is a quick one with a wonderful concept that I wouldn’t dare miss! I am so happy to announce that I am joining the Pondathon hosted at thequietpond.com. These are the most important things to know about the Pondathon!
What is the Pondathon?
- The Pondathon is a co-operative and narrative-driven readathon where you read books and collect points to protect your friends from the darkness beyond the Pond.
- The Pondathon readathon will begin on January 24th 2020 and will end on March 7th 2020.
- By ‘co-operative’ readathon, this means that all participants in the Pondathon will work together rather than compete against each other.
- Join a team to fight and defend the Pond alongside the Pond friends! Each team will have a unique way to collect points.
- Collect points and contribute towards the total points earned by all participants in the readathon!
- During the readathon, optional challenges or ‘sides quests’ will be available to collect extra points.
- If you missed out on what the Pondathon is, you can read about when the evil was first discovered and information about the readathon at Pondathon: Prologue – Something’s Wrong…
- You can find the complete schedule for the readathon at Pondathon: Prologue – It’s Time to Fight and Protect.
- And you can find information about the teams that you can join at Pondathon: Prologue – We Need You and Your Magic; Choose a Team!
For more information, read about everything on The Quiet Pond’s posts.
If you join the Pondathon, you will get to create your own character. Here’s mine, Mochi!
My pond character is Mochi, the Cloud Witch. She is a fluffy white dog with some light brown patches, designed after my own dog, Munchie. The name came from Mochi, a Japanese rice cake made of mochigome, a short-grain japonica glutinous rice, and sometimes other ingredients such as water, sugar, and cornstarch.
Mochi is a little shy and bashful but she will defend the pond friends with all of her might! Mochi loves running, receiving belly rubs, reading, and snacking. Mochi brings her little book of spells with her for battle and she also has her shield, which hides her from her enemies (and serves as her hiding place for her favorite snacks).
In terms of teams, I was debating joining Gen and Xiaolong, but my final decision isto join, #TeamXiaolong! This is because the mood reader in me cannot really stick into a specific reading list and it looks like my skills is more meant for Xialong’s team!
Join Xiaolong, Keeper of the Pond, at the front lines! Use reading-magic to help fight off the forces of evil to protect our friends. They are depending on us!
Progression: No tricks or gimmicks! Join Team Xiaolong and gain points by reading – it’s as simple as that! For every 10 pages/15 minutes (of the total time on the audiobook) that you read, you gain 1 point.
Xiaolong team bonus: For every book you finish, Xiaolong’s team fights with more spirit and hope. Give yourself an extra 15 points!
Example of how it works:
Day 1: if you read 46 pages and submit your progress, you get 4 points that day. Total = 4.
Day 2: if you listen to 127 minutes on an audiobook and submit your progress, you get 8 points that day. Total = 12.
Day 3: if you read 24 pages but forgot to record your progress, you get 0 points that day. Total = 12.
Day 4: if you listen to 72 minutes on an audiobook and submit Day 3 (2 points) and Day 4’s (4 points) progress, you get 6 points that day. Total = 18.
Day 5: if you read 73 pages (7 points), finish the book (15 points), and submit your progress, you get 22 points that day. Total = 40
The Pondathon has not even started yet but I already had so much fun! Reading through the finely crafted by CW was such an adventure and designing my own character was a fun activity that I was smiling throughout! I am so excited about what the Pondathon readathon could bring, as well as knowing the side quests that await!
You should not miss this experience!
Do you plan on joining the Pondathon? Which team will you join?
♡, Yna the Mood Reader