Hey, (mood) readers!
I’m here to share that I am joining another year-long reading challenge! This is the third and final one I’ll be joining because another one might be too much to maintain. I am so very excite to take part in this, so without further ado, here are some vital info that you should know.
What is #YARC2020?
The Year of the Asian Reading Challenge was a project for 2019, and they are back for this year. This challenge is hosted by:
- Lily | blog: Sprinkles of Dreams | twitter: @sprnklsofdreams
- Shealea | blog: Shut Up Shealea | twitter: @bookshelfbitch
- Vicky | blog: Vicky Who Reads | twitter: @vickycbooks
- CW | blog: The Quiet Pond| twitter: @artfromafriend
This reading challenge aims to read as as many books written by Asian authors as you can! These books can be backlist titles (i.e. released in 2019 or earlier), new releases, and ARCs. We welcome books of any genre, any format, and any length. Check out the levels we have made for this challenge (I drew them too!) and set your sights on a level you want to achieve.
In order for a book to count, you must start and finish it within 2020; the challenge will end on the 31st of December of this year. (This means that books started in 2019 and finished in 2020 do not count!) Likewise, any books started in 2020 and finished in 2021 do not count either.
Visit this sign up post or follow the main challenge Twitter (@YearOfTheAsian) for the details on joining, announcements, surprises, and more bookish fun. The official hashtag for this reading challenge is #YARC2020.
The Challenge Levels
There are six possible badges a reader can be awarded, depending on how many books they will read throughout the year. Personally, my target will be the Malayan Tapir for 21 to 30 books for the entirety of 2020.
My Plans For The #YARC2020
- I won’t be posting my TBR because a mood reader like me is always a mess. But, I’m very much open for recommendations!
- My reading tracker will be posted on my Twitter, as a thread that I will update every single time that I finish a book.
- I will be doing blog posts about my progress every time I reach a new level, so I hope I would get to beat them all!
Please send me your Asian-authored recommendations!